CALL for APPLICATION (Deadline 31st August 2009)
Please klick here to download this File as PDF.
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) - Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dienst – supports a range of postgraduate courses at German universities which aim at providing academically educated young professionals from Developing Countries with further specialized studies. The DAAD supports these selected programs with a certain quota of scholarships and with financial assistance for a special tutoring system. At the end of the course (programs run 12 to 36 months, depending on the particular institution) participants can obtain an internationally recognized Master’s or in some courses PhD degree.
University teaching staff, researchers and professionals holding an academic degree and with at least two years of experience in the public or private institutions in the following areas:
- Economic Sciences / Business Administration/ Political Economics
- Development Co-operation
- Engineering and related sciences
- Regional Planning
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Public Health / Veterinary Medicine / Medicine
- Sociology and Education
(See or download Annex for the list of selected courses)
Language of instruction:
German or English, depending on the degree course:
Participants in postgraduate courses in which English is the language of instruction receive a scholarship for a two-month intensive German language course.
Participants in postgraduate courses in which German or German/English is the language of instruction receive a scholarship for a six-month intensive German language course. Please note that the candidates must have certain German language certificate at the time of application.
Criteria for applying:
- Age limit: 36 years of age at the time of application (for some courses 32 years)
Degree: Bachelor or Master
- GPA: min 2,75 for Master candidates and 3,00 for Doctoral candidates
- Work experience: at least two years after completing Bachelor degree.
- Language skill:
For postgraduate courses held in English request an international TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper based, 213 computer based, 80 internet based) or IELTS (band 6). Some courses may expect a different level. For detailed information see the website of the relevant course.
For postgraduate courses held in German: please see the details on the course list. Certain level of German language exam may be required before admission to the course.
Information and DAAD form are available from the:
DAAD Jakarta Office
Summitmas I, Lt. 19
Jl. Jenderal Sudirman Kav. 61-62
Consultation hours: Monday – Thursday, 1:30pm – 4:00pm
Contact person: Ms. Muji / Ms. Dwi
Phone: (021) 520 0870 / 525 2807
Fax: (021) 525 2822
You are suggested to apply online. However you must send the printed form together with other application documents (triplicate) by post to the DAAD Jakarta Office before the deadline. The instruction on how to apply online is available at http://jakarta.daad.de/scholarships/Online_Application.htm
if you encounter problem with internet connection during the online application, you can obtain the DAAD form at : http://jakarta.daad.de/download/ApplicationFormDAAD.pdf
Application documents (please set in the following order and do NOT staple):
1. DAAD Form (see the above information)
2. Curriculum Vitae; please use the Europass specimen form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/
3. A Statement of motivation for participation in the postgraduate courses with emphasis on the relevance to his/her occupation
4. Two letters of recommendation of recent date, each from supervisor at your company/institution, and from your previous academic supervisor
5. Confirmation of employment from the candidate’s employer in the home country and where possible, a guarantee of re-employment upon his/her return to the home country
6. Academic Degree Certificate (certified copies of original) in Bahasa Indonesia and the English/German translation
7. Academic transcript, covering the complete duration of academic studies (certified copies of original) in Bahasa Indonesia and the English/German translation
8. Secondary School Leaving Certificates/ijazah SMA, including note of UAN (certified copies of original) in Bahasa Indonesia and English/German translation
9. Language certificate (see criteria for applying ‘Language skills’)
for course held in English: TOEFL or IELTS scores
for course held in German: please see the website of the relevant course
All papers must be submitted in triplicate. Those applications, which do not clearly specify the desired degree course, or those that are not complete in all respects, cannot be processed, and will not be considered.
Photo : http://www.jakarta.diplo.de